ASSISTANCE WITH DISCIPLINARY HEARINGS
We specialise in Disciplinary Hearings
Our Labour Law Consultants are available to guide you through the discipline process.
We help you to ensure a fair process that is procedurally and substantively fair.
Step by Step Assistance
- If you suspect that a disciplinary hearing will be required call our office to speak to a consultant.
- The consultant assigned to your case will discuss the matter with you and confirm if you can proceed with a disciplinary hearing.
- It may be necessary for your consultant to investigate the matter and consider the evidence you wish to present.
- Once your consultant is confident that you can proceed with a hearing, they will assist with drafting the charge sheet.
- An experienced, neutral Chairperson will attend the hearing.
- The findings and recommendation will be available the following day.
- The Chairperson can return to present the findings.
The role of the Chairperson is to ensure that the proceedings are procedually and substantively fair.
A good Chairperson will be able to truly listen and test the evidence that is being presented to them. Knowledge of Labour Law, Case Law and past CCMA rulings is crucial to ensure an outcome that is fair.
Due to company gossip it is very rare to find an internal Chairperson who would not know anything about the case they are about to preside over. Often senior management or business owners put pressure on an internal chairperson to push for the outcome they want, regardless of how the case proceeds and the strength of the evidence produced.
To ensure that that the process is fair, unbiased, procedurally and substantively fair it is recommended to use an external Chairperson at all disciplinary hearings.
We specialise in Disciplinary Hearings. Mediation skills combined with in-depth knowledge of legisltation and case law ensure that your proceedings result in a fair outcome.
We offer 24 hour assistance with drafting charges. Contact us on: 0797211052 or email
We charge a flat rate of R1000 for assistance and for a neutral Chairperson to preside at your hearing. Detailed findings are prepared and presented.